- Ensure that you are a Course Creator within Moodle. Without these privileges, you may not have sufficient access to create courses.
- Navigate to the category you would like your course to appear in, and click on the “Add a new course” button.
- Name your course and give it a short name as well.
- Set the start date and the period during which students can enrol in the course.
- There are other settings you can alter at this stage, including whether to hide specific sections from students, whether grades should be visible or hidden, and so on.
- By default, courses are created with four empty blocks – Latest News, Upcoming Events, Recent Activity, and Course administration.
- Ensure that you are in “edit mode” when developing your course.