This Christmas, eCreators are getting involved with our good friend The Smith Family’s Toy & Book Appeal to deliver brand new toy & book packs to children living in disadvantaged situations across Australia. Each year thousands of children go without the joy of opening a present on Christmas morning due to their families unfortunate circumstances. This is something that needs to change, and this year The Smith Family is aiming to deliver 27,000 brand new toy and book packages to those who need it.
eCreators will be hosting a gift drive out of our office at 1/468 St Kilda Road Melbourne, to contribute to this goal. We will be accepting gifts and donations until the 10th of December, and will be dropping off our contributions on the 11th! If you would like to get involved with this amazing initiative, we would love to accept your donations. You can give gifts in a few different ways, by either dropping it off or shipping to our office, or if your close we can pick it up from you!
This year there is a shortage of gifts for children between 8-12 years of age. Be donating gifts for this age group you il have a larger impact and meet the needs of more families. There are a few requirements if you are looking to donate in terms of the gifts we are able to accept. They are listed below
- Toys and books should be new so that they quality and usability are guaranteed when they are opened on Christmas morning.
- The gift should be ready to play with as soon as it’s opened. Please ensure that if the toy requires batteries they are included, or if you are providing a colouring book it comes with pencils too!
- Please do not wrap the presents, it makes it very difficult to sort and pack. We would also like to provide families with the opportunity to see and wrap the gift for their child!
Items we cannot accept
Unfortunately, there are some items that The Smith Family will be unable to accept. This is due to the difficulty in sorting and packing, and the appropriateness of gifts for a wide-range of children. Repurposing these items costs money, which should go towards getting more toys and books to more children. You can help to reach more children by avoiding the sorts of items listed below.
- Breakable items such as glass or porcelain
- Calendars and diaries
- Candles and lamps
- CDs and video games
- Clothing including shoes, costumes and pyjamas
- Food or drinks
- Games suitable for adults (16+ years)
- Toys that look like weapons such as guns and swords
- Items that contain liquid
- Promotional Marketing or branded items (items with company logos)
- Religious items
- Second-hand or handmade items
- Sheets and towels
- Toiletries, perfume and makeup
- Large items such as bikes, hula hoops, ride-ons etc. Try to keep your gift smaller than a school backpack.
If you would like to get involved or have any questions please contact us at [email protected] or call us on 1300 913 112. Please also go check out The Smith Family website for more details on all the incredible work they do for the 1.1 Million Disadvantaged youth in Australia.