“Everyone can do simple things to make a difference, and every little bit really does count.” – Stella McCartneyOn Saturday 30 March at 8:30 pm, eCreators and our employees will join millions of people across the globe in switching off the lights of our business premises for one hour to celebrate Earth Hour. Millions of Australians are expected to switch off the lights this Earth Hour to bring attention to climate change and biodiversity loss. By taking part in this global “lights out” event, we will be acknowledging our commitment to #Connect2Earth this Earth Hour. And we have a few tips you and your organisation can do to participate.
- Turn off the lights A simple action with a powerful impact. Use this opportunity to have a candlelit dinner with your family and loved ones. Enjoy reading by the fire (it will be cold and windy in Melbourne this weekend!).
- Unplug Unplug devices you’re not using during that hour, such as your microwave, computer, television and mobile charger. This will also give you a chance to reconnect with yourself, your family and friends.
- Consider environmentally friendly products Make a commitment to use more environmentally friendly products every day. Sustainable bags or bamboo pens are a great place to start in your organisation. Our partner Urkund use environmental tote bags as a giveaway/promotional item to their clients to use for their shopping.
- Print Less In the last four decades of printing, the amount of paper being used has increased by 400%! This makes a huge impact on our environment. Encourage your team and your organisation to print less, and take an alternative route. Instead of printing, use your learning management system instead, or use your cloud storage as an alternative for books.
- Create ripple effects Let’s share this message and be the cause of change today.