About the business and the role
eCreators are a BRW ranked Fast 100 Company with offices in Australia, Manila and Singapore. We develop enterprise solutions for Australia largest corporations, institutions and government departments in the content and Learning Management System space.
This role is a pivotal role in our Digital Technology team. Working with some really smart people, you’ll be the voice of our organisation when it comes to customer care. We work closely together to ensure our customers receive top level service and as such maintain an envied list of clients in Australia and across the world.
Job tasks and responsibilities
You’ll be part of a small team responsible for the deployment, customisation and hosting of our Learning Management Systems. The product’s core relies on the open source Moodle platform, and runs on the LAMP stack.
You’ll be supporting our client base by solving 1st level issues, providing advice\training, deploying standard sites and delivering customisations. Hence, some exposure to Moodle is highly regarded.
Skills and experience
Issue Analysis and Application Expertise
- Solving inbound issues, increasing in complexity over time
- Triaging issues and delegating to 2nd level support
- Deploying sites for new clients
- Applying customisations to the front end and application configuration
- Coordinating deployments
The position holder works as a team member along with the Solutions Architect, backend developers, administrators and business analysts. The team reports to the Digital Technology Manager, however, the team members have a high level of ownership and actively contribute to the direction of the production schedule. Each team member is assigned several uninteruptable time blocks each week, to produce deliverables within time and quality expectations.
Training and up-skilling will be provided to the successful candidate by the technical team. The candidate will require an inquisitive and investigative nature.
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in supporting clients in an IT environment. The person will be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organisation with a rapidly expanding client base.
Mandatory Skills Required:
- Basic LAMP stack experience
- Basic PHP experience
- Basic SQL experience
- Basic understanding of how Web applications work, Including (HTTP, TCP) through to web server (Apache, Nginx), browser behaviour and everything in between.
- Basic linux system administration skills – Redhat, CentOS, Ubuntu
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services, Openstack or similar.
- Isolate and debug issues across the LAMP stack
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communications skills
- Willingness to travel to client location. Excellent soft skills and emotional intelligence
- At least 3 years relevant experience as a support analyst in a LAMP stack environment
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Moodle experience desirable, but not essential
- Experience with Source code version control (GIT)
- ITIL Certification
- Experience with support ticketing systems (Zendesk, Desk.com or JIRA Service Desk)
This role is open to permanent Australian Residents only. No agencies.