- Sead Aliphasic – Technical Services & Project Manager
- Greg Boock – Director of Sales
- Sally Matheson – Operations Manager
- Ellen Valvasori -Quality Manager
- Hunain Aslam – Moodle Developer
- Brendan Farrell – Storyline and Moodle Trainer
Virtual RealityVR is an area eCreators have been dabbling in for some time now. Virtual Reality in education has now become something tangible that can have a great impact on the way learners participate in online learning. One of the many advantages of VR in education is that the experiences learners can have provide real and tangible emotional responses. Believe us, when you’re standing on the side of that virtual building with the VR headset on, your brain is telling you to be careful – as though you were really there. The company Oculus Rift that was recently acquired by Facebook has an online marketplace, share.oculusrift.com, which is full of freshly developed samples of what can be done with the tool. From fully fledged games, to ‘experiences’ and more importantly, early samples of educational materials. eCreators can see some great value in the areas of safety, mining and policing, all of which we will be partnering with new and existing clients to create these experiences. We’re running live demos where you can experience Virtual Reality for yourself and provide us with your thoughts. We’re also speaking about the technology in education right across the country, including running live demos at the upcoming MoodleMoot. We’ll also be speaking at other national events, so keep an eye out for the emails. We’re looking forward to creating some exciting new content.
Citrix PartnerCitrix is a company we’ve been working with for a number of years and we recently created a plugin which integrates beautifully into Moodle LMS. Citrix produce the GoTo Meeting, GotoTraining and GoToWebinar range of products and eCreators have now produced a Moodle plugin which does everything you need, including:
- Create, Update and Delete GoToTraining Sessions within Moodle.
- Control whether or not reminder emails are sent to leaners.
- One click button to register for a Webinar.
- Automatic Reminder Emails sent via Citrix.
- Track the percentage of time a Learner participated in the session.
- Require Learners to participate on greater than 50% of training before progressing course.
LearnBook 2.0As a Certified Moodle Partner, we’re always looking to make Moodle extra awesome every opportunity we get. This time, we’ve kicked a goal. Dylan, our lead UX designer has been burning the midnight oil and, along with the rest of the technical team, produced a Moodle theme which is second to none. All of the clients that are seeing this product want it. And they want it now. We’ll be showcasing the product at the next Moodle Moot. But here’s a few screens to whet your appetite here:
New Learner DashboardThe new learner dashboard for the Moodle Theme, Learnbook 2.0 is colourful, intuitive and response across a range of browsers and devices. You can modify text, images and colours to suit your own style or organisational branding.
New Course CatalogueThe new drop-down course catalogue for Moodle is colour coded, responsive and contains a set of commonly used Administrative shortcuts to make content:
- Easy to find via an intuitive layout
- Colour Coded for categories
- A fast search engine to find the right content
- Some awesome handy customisable shortcuts for Moodle Administrators that allow you to easily enrol, edit and access the gradebook.
New SCORM PlayerIf you’re building content for your Moodle LMS and publishing to SCORM, our new SCORM player will rock your world. Clean, scalable and responsive your content has never looked better.
Using Articulate Storyline Online and Want to Migrate to Moodle?Another great tool from the eCreators engineering workshop is the Articulate Online Migration Tool. This tool has been designed to assist users wishing to migrate their Moodle instance from Articulate Online to Moodle. This script will migrate all historical data from Articulate Online, and:
- Create all User Profiles
- Automatically enrol users in a course/s
- Automatically upload a learners attempt history and mark their grading